Recommended compression tools: 30-793 OmniSealâ„¢ PRO XL; 33-632 Linear X®3
The IDEAL RTQâ„¢ XRâ„¢ series of F connectors offer a single connector solution to cover a range of coax types, including plenum rated versions. A patented compression sleeve design allows Regular (dual), Tri, and Quad shield cables all to be terminated within a single connector. All RTQ connectors have an all brass exterior and an inner O-ring to provide a robust, weather proof connection suitable for just about any application - indoors or outdoors.
RG 59/6/6Q sized connectors are available for use in applications and installations from 5MHz to 3GHz, including CATV, satellite, HDTV and other A/V based applications. An internal sealing compression sleeve prevents moisture from entering the backside of the connector and aids in cable retention.
All RTQâ„¢ connectors require an industry standard ¼â€ x ¼â€ cable preparation and are permanently attached to the cable when using an IDEAL OmniSealâ„¢ Pro or LinearX® compression tool.
To use the connector:
1) Prepare RG-6 coax with a ¼â€ x ¼â€ strip, fold back the braiding. For RG-6 Quad, remove the outer foil layer and fold back both layers of braiding.
2) Slide the connector on to the cable until the white dielectric is flush with the bottom of the nut.
3) Place connector in IDEAL compression tool with standard F compression length setting and terminate.
4) During termination, the body will compress(get shorter) and permanently secure the coax inside of the connector.
5) Attach connector to device.
RTQâ„¢ XRâ„¢ design allows Regular/Tri/Quad shield and plenum cables to work in a single connector â€“ no need to carry cable specific connectors
Designed for use in cable and satellite TV installations
WeatherProofâ„¢ - internal O-ring and patented back seal prevent moisture migration for indoor/outdoor use
Industry standard 21mm compressed length â€“ works with non-IDEAL compression tools